- Studied art and design at Medway College of Design, Rochester, UK, 1971 - 72;
- Studied paper conservation at Camberwell College of Art, London, UK, 1972 - 74;
- Worked as a prints and drawings conservator at Arthur Ackermann & Son Ltd, commercail art gallery, London, 1974 - 75;
- Worked as assistant to Denis Blunn, private paper conservator, Reading, UK, 1975 - 78;
- Immigrated to Canada, 1979 to work as a paper conservator at the Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI), Ottawa, Canada;
- Since 1997, has been a conservator in the Preventive Conservation Services section at CCI specializing in emergency preparedness and museum security issues.
- Authored a number of papers on paper conservation, emergency preparedness, and lately on CCTV surveillance in museums, for the Canadian Museums Association;
- Has presented papers at conferences in Canada, the US, Poland and Taiwan;
- Since 1987 has been a co-presenter of the CCI workshop "Emergency & Disaster Preparedness for Cultural Institutions";
- Presenter at Emergency Planning and Response for Museum Collections workshop hosted by the US National Park Service, Williamsburg, VA and Newton, MA , 1994 -1995;
- Participated in American Institute for Conservation"(TM)s (AIC) Task Force on Disaster Mitigation, Response and Recovery, National Working Group on Training for Cultural Institutions , 1996;
- presenter for "Being Prepared: Conducting a Vulnerability Assessment", Philadelphia, PA, October 19, 1999 for Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA), 1999;
- Presenter at last year's summer school on Preventive Conservation hosted by CCI and ICCROM;
- CCI representative on the Interdepartmental Committee on Risk Preparedness (for the protection of cultural heritage and assets) (ICRP) - a group founded to provide mutal assistance to museums in the National Capital Region, Ottawa.
Back to top